The Indian Little Master- Sachin Tendulkar is usually referred to as The GOD of Cricket. He has over a century of Records associated with his name. I could type only some of those which are the most important ones. Well that’s just an excuse, but every cricket fan should know maximum of the following records linked to Sachin.
- Sachin Tendulkar Records:
- Sachin Tendulkar is the Highest Run scorer (18,426) in the ODIs.
- He has most number of 100s (49) in ODIs.
- He has most number of 50s (96) in ODIs.
- He has most number of 90s (18) in ODIs (Nervous Nineties ).
- He has maximum number of 150+ scores (5) in ODIs.
- He has most number of Appearances (463) in ODIs.
- He has most number of Man of the Match (62) in the ODIs.
- He has most number of Man of the Series (16) in ODIs.
- He has most number of batting as opener (340) in ODIs.
- He is the First Cricketer to pass 10000, 11000, 12000, 13000, 14000, 15000, 16000, 17000 and 18000 runs mark in the ODIs.
- He has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 8 times.
- He has Most Runs scored (1894) in a calendar year in ODIs.
- He has most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998.
- He has maximum number of 4s in a single innings (25). (Record shared with Sehwag)
- He has scored 1000+ runs against all major Cricketing nations.
- He is still the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings.
- He has Maximum number of consecutive ODI Appearances (185).
- He is the only player who has 150+ wickets & 15000+ runs in ODI.
- He was the first to hit a double century (200*) after almost 4 decades of ODI history.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the Highest Run scorer (15,746) in the Test Cricket.
- He has most number of 100s (51) in Tests & still counting.
- He has most number of 50s (67) in Tests & still counting.
- He has maximum number of 150+ scores (20) in Tests.
- He has most number of Appearances (196) in Tests.
- He has most number of seasons (4) in Tests with 1000+ runs. (Record shared with Gavaskar)
- He is the second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make 10,000+ runs in Test matches.
- Sachin & Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings.
- He became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 run mark and overall third behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
- In 2007, Sachin Tendulkar (5751) passed Brian Lara’s record of highest runs scored in Tests away from home.
- He has scored centuries against all Test playing nations. He was the third batsman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten.
- He is the only player who has 40+ wickets and 11000+ runs in Tests.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the highest run scorer in ICC Cricket World Cup – 2560 runs at an average of almost 57.
- He has most number of Appearances (6) in World Cups.
- He has most number of the Man of the Matches in the World Cups.
- He had most number of runs in a World Cup in 1996- 523 runs at an average of 87.16.
- He broke his record of most number of runs in a World Cup- 673 runs in 2003.
- He has the Man of the Tournament in the 2003 World Cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar was involved in an Unbroken 664 runs partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 at Azad Maidan in Mumbai, with Vinod Kambli.
- He has highest runs (34,182) in international cricket include 18426 ODI runs, 15746 Test runs and 10 T20 runs.
- He is the only player to score a Debut Century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy.
- He has most number of 90s (28) in the International Cricket.
- At the age of 19, he became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
- He has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Vibhushan by Indian government, the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
- He is the only cricketer to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna- India’s highest sporting honor.
- He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
- He is the first batsman in the history who was given out by third umpire.
- He was the first batsman in history to score over 50-75-100 centuries in International career. (Current: 100 Centuries)
- He is the only player to have over 250+ innings of 50 or more runs in International Cricket.
- He holds the record of most number of Stadium Appearances on 90 different Grounds.
- On his debut, he was the second youngest debutant in the world & youngest from India.
- He is the first to cross 25000, 26000, 27000, 28000, 30000, 31000, 32000, 33000 and 34000 International runs mark.
- He is the only batsman to be out by the same bowler on his debut ODI as well as Test.
- He has a World Record of 5 Test Centuries before he turned 20.
- Sachin Tendulkar, alongwith Sourav Ganguly, holds the record of maximum number of runs (6609) scored by the opening partnership in ODIs.
- Sachin & Sourav has a record of highest century partnerships (21) for opening pair.
- He also holds a record of Highest Partnership of 331 runs in ODIs with Rahul Dravid, which was achieved in 1999 & still unbeaten (Sachin 186*, Dravid 153).
- Sachin has been involved in highest 200+ run partnerships (6) in ODIs; shared with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
Sachin Playing Paddle Sweep in a test match
Sachin Tendulkar finally lifts the World Cup
Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid for highest partnership.
Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly